If Waukesha (the county seat) is the king of Waukesha County, New Berlin would be the queen. It’s the second-largest city in the county with an estimated population of 39,733 residents based on the latest census.
New Berlin offers that rare balance between suburban and urban living. You can enjoy metropolitan perks and conveniences as you bask in the community’s semi-rural atmosphere.
Quick facts about New Berlin, WI
- New Berlin is located about a 15-minute drive from Waukesha, located northwest of the city. Meanwhile, Downtown Milwaukee is roughly 20 minutes away by car via I-94 and approximately 40 minutes by bus.
- Aside from Waukesha, New Berlin’s neighbors include Muskego, Hales Corners, Elm Grove, Brookfield, Greenfield, and West Allis.
- New Berlin boasts a sprawling park system, encompassing about 845 acres of green spaces. Check out the city parks here.
- Public schools in New Berlin are managed by the School District of New Berlin. The district is composed of four K-6 elementary schools and two 7-12 middle/high schools.
- There are three private schools in New Berlin: Heritage Christian School, Holy Apostles School, and Star of Bethlehem Lutheran School.
The history of New Berlin, WI
The area we know today as New Berlin used to be a part of the town of Muskego back in the late 19th century. Its first settlers arrived in 1836, just three years before the area made separate from Muskego in 1839.
New Berlin underwent two name changes before it finally settled on its current name. During its early years, it went by as Muskego. In 1839, it was renamed as Mentor. This name wasn’t used for long, as the town underwent another name change. This time, Sidney Evans, one of the area’s first settlers, christened the town as New Berlin after his hometown in New York.
It took nearly 120 years for the town of New Berlin to become a city. Finally, it was incorporated in 1959, making it one of the youngest suburban communities in the Greater Milwaukee area.
New Berlin, WI real estate and homes for sale
New Berlin real estate is quite diverse, making it a sweet spot for homebuyers who want to live close to Milwaukee without actually staying in the city.
Housing opportunities in New Berlin are aplenty. Your options in the local market include the following:
- Single-family homes
- Multi-family residences
- Luxury homes
- Vacant land
Your options are not limited to property types. They extend to architectural styles and configurations, as well. Choose from cozy contemporary homes and elegant Tudor-style estates to classic ranch properties in either single-level or two-story floor plans.
There are many fine communities in New Berlin, such as:
- Maple Woods
- Forest View Heights
- Sunny Slopes
- Woodland Park Vue
- Hearth Ridge
- Regal Manors West
- Spring Hills
- High Grove
- Woodfield Park
Get to know New Berlin, WI better
We can show you around New Berlin and give you all the latest news and updates about New Berlin’s real estate market. Contact us today at 414.668.7469 or jake(at)jakeschneidergroup(dotted)com and find out if real estate success is yours in New Berlin.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.